Bananas are considered one of the healthiest foods for humans. The banana is valued for its flavor and nutritional value.
Bananas are high in carbohydrates, potassium and vitamins C and A and is low in protein and fat.
Have you heard ? About Me?
1. Energy boost – Eating only two bananas will give your body enough energy to exercise or workout for an hour and a half.
Bananas are also ideal for eating during the mid-day when you feel tired and sluggish.
2. The power of potassium – Because they are rich in potassium, bananas help the body circulatory system to deliver oxygen to the brain.
It also helps the body in maintaining a regular heart beat and proper balance of water within the body.
Potassium is also useful for reducing strokes and regulating blood pressure.
Potassium in bananas also assist in the prevention of muscle cramps after exercise.
3. Helps to end constipation – Bananas help to end constipation.
The fiber in bananas promote restoration and maintenance of regular bowel functions, which is better than laxatives.
Read this fun post Tomatoes are Fruit
4. It lifts Your Spirit – Bananas have an amino acid called tryptophan.
5. Rich in Iron- Bananas are rich in iron.
For people suffering from a deficiency in iron, bananas help to give your body iron it needs, as a result they help to promote hemoglobin in production so your blood can clot faster in case of a cut or serious injury. It’s also great for your skin.
Read this informative post What is Nutrition?
6. Low in Calories- Bananas are low in calories. You can eat bananas without ruining your waistline or your health.
A banana averages only 110 calories. This is because of the large percentage of fiber and water that makes up the composition of bananas.
7. Fiber- One banana has about three grams of fiber. Dietary fiber can help you stay full longer and keep your digestive system running smoothly.
8. Refueling- Your body uses carbohydrates as the primary source of energy. Eat bananas to start your day off right.
9. Manganese –Bananas are a good source of manganese with one medium banana providing 0.3 mg. Adults need between 1.8 mg and 2.3 mg of manganese daily.
10. Fat and cholesterol free- Bananas are typically fat and cholesterol free. So eat as many as you can.
Looking back it’s easy to see why bananas are considered one of the healthiest foods for humans.